Quick Microwave Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs (about 6 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into a uniform round loaf in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 15-17 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning dish a quarter turn every 5 minutes. Drain; top with remaining sauce mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 256 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.