Quick Chilled Blueberry Soup Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- Sour cream or additional yogurt, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In batches, process blueberry mixture and yogurt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with sour cream or yogurt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 188 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Quick Chilled Blueberry Soup
"Had never tried a cold soup before. But when I can across this recipe on a day when it was 100* and very humid, I decided it was the perfect thing to make for a light supper. I am soo glad I did, this soup is excellent and FULL of flavor! PS I did add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon = yummy!!"