Quick Chilled Blueberry Soup Recipe
When I serve this fruit soup on a warm summer evening, my guests are always delighted. Compliments abound for this sweet and creamy meal starter.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- Sour cream or additional yogurt, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In batches, process blueberry mixture and yogurt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with sour cream or yogurt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC