When I serve this fruit soup on a warm summer evening, my guests are always delighted. Compliments abound for this sweet and creamy meal starter.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Strawberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 carton (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- Sour cream or additional yogurt, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. In batches, process blueberry mixture and yogurt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish servings with sour cream or yogurt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Blueberry Soup in Country Extra July 2003, p51
Reviews forQuick Chilled Blueberry Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2011