Pureed Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
For several years, we've been enjoying this velvety, yet healthy soup at Thanksgiving. Butternut squash isn’t the easiest thing to cut into, so I go ahead and buy mine pre-chopped. —Christen Chalmers, Houston, Texas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in squash, stock, sage, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Process in a blender until smooth. Sprinkle servings with pepper flakes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pureed Butternut Squash Soup
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2016
"This is not good for my family. it is thin, and the taste is weird."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC