Pumpkin Shortbread Dessert Recipe
My family prefers this to traditional pumpkin pie, which is just fine with me. It feeds a crowd, so I only need to make one dessert instead of several pies.
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- Whipped cream and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and flour; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and remaining sugar. Stir in milk. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50-55 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Cut into squares. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 15-18 minutes.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC