Pumpkin Pie Custard Recipe
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg whites and fat-free milk until smooth. Add the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg; mix well.
- 2. Spoon into ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped topping): 120 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Custard
"I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, but not the sugar and calories. I was excited to try this recipe, but was disappointed with the bland taste. I didn't change anything in the recipe except substituting the sugar with stevia. Sweetness wasn't the problem. Of course, I could experiment with additional spices, but I'm not too sure it's a keeper. Maybe I'll give it one more try with some adjustments."
"i did not like it"
"This is a great recipe. I often don't like the crust from pumpkin pie - this is perfect! I think its best when its cold!!! It was delightful."
"I love this one! i use splenda instead of the sugar and it still is great. Even my little ones enjoy it!"
"Wonderful! I have made this in custard cups topped with Cool Whip probably 25 times. I use Splenda and it comes out great. My husband should not have sugar. He wants this all the time!"
"I usually bake it in a large round casserole dish. Bake it longer until set. I am going to add another fat-free pumpkin custard to my ecipes that uses honey. Look for it soon. NanZim"
"Was good. Tasted just like the previous pie recipe. Love pumpkin in low cal servings like this."
"This sounds great and only 2 Weight Watcher points compared to 8 points for a piece of pumpkin pie, and that is before the Splenda!"
"I use splenda for baking in almost every recipe I cook or bake. The splenda for baking measures cup for cup like sugar.Marlys"
"thanks, Pam! Would you use equal portions? I'm just starting to use Splenda."
"splenda will work great"
"Anyone think I could use a sugar substitute instead--several diabetics in our family."
"Is there any chance it could be made in a muffin pan lined with foil cups? I'd hate to try to track down 10 ramekins right now, although it might be nice to have such a thing."
"Thank you for posting this recipe. Just last night I was telling my daughter I was making a fat free, crustless pumpkin pie or custard....and what do I find in my email? This recipe. Perfect"
"Ihaven't tried the Apple Pinwheels yet, but I did copy the recipe. The pumpkin pie custard sounds great also. jgraves"
"Now all I need to do is go out and by ten 6oz ramekins. Sounds delicious!Babcia_PA"
"Sounds easy and delicious"