Pumpkin Pie Custard Recipe
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg whites and fat-free milk until smooth. Add the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg; mix well.
- 2. Spoon into ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped topping) equals 120 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.