Pumpkin Oat Muffins Recipe
“It isn't considered Thanksgiving or Christmas in my house until these are on the table!” Enjoy the flavors of pumpkin-pie in easy-to-eat muffin form. Mrs. Carol Hale - Sarver, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, pumpkin, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oats and raisins.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 204 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC