- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, pumpkin, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Oat Muffins
"These muffins turned out well A good basic muffin and easy to put together."
"I read the comments from others that have made these muffins. The general consensus was that they were a not dry so I used the whole can of pumpkin. I also used coconut oil instead if regular canola oil. And because of tbe little bit of baking soda that is in the recipe I added a about 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar. I hope this helps them come out moist and fluffy as well as freezable for later use. Ill add a comment once we get them out of the oven and dig in.I omitted the topping"
"I did not like the flavor and my family did not like it either. Not sure what was off about these, they did seem a bit dense."
"I was not impressed with these. My family prefers the pumpkin-apple streusel muffins. They have more flavour and are very moist."
"These are really good and moist. The topping is great, too. I made them in the larger muffin tins to get six big ones."
"A bit dense on day 2, but that happens to lots of muffins. Really good flavor and definitely hit that seasonal craving :)"
"I used half cup of oats. A wonderful recipe."
"Glad I doubled the recipe. Everyone enjoyed these moist, tender and delicious muffins. They are great for breakfast or snack. Definitely I will make this again soon for family gathering."
"So very good. I changed the raisins to currants an added nuts. Perfect with coffee for breakfast."
"These Pumpkin Oat Muffins are my family and my daughters friends favorite. It took me several Pumpkin Muffins to find the perfect one. I make these all year round. I can't keep them on the plate!"