Prosciutto-Pepper Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- 2. Top each pork chop with prosciutto, red peppers and cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 237 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.