Prosciutto-Pepper Pork Chops
This dish is easy, fast and most importantly, delicious. It's especially easy to make for two, six, eight or more.
-Donna Prisco of Randolph, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, cut in half
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and pepper. In a large
- nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes
- on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Top each pork chop with prosciutto, red peppers and cheese. Cover and
- cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 237 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4