Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 576 calories, 39 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,695 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer