This recipe is a creamy, comforting main dish, economical for any occasion.—Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 package (12 ounces) noodles, cooked and drained
- In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, brown pork; drain. Remove
- meat and set aside. In the same pan, bring 1-1/4 cups water,
- bouillon and paprika to a boil. Add pork, onion and garlic. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender. Combine
- cornstarch and remaining water; gradually add to pan, stirring
- constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Serve
- over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon and reduced-fat sour cream and without noodles) equals 251 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.