Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce
"The apricot preserves bring a very special flavor to the pork. I serve it with good old corn bread, which can be made in advance and tastes great with any meat.” Patricia Swart - Bridgeton, Nersey
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle pork with garlic pepper blend. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil on each side.
- Combine the preserves, chives and salt; spoon over chops. Reduce
- heat; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with
- sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 273 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.