Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Sprinkle pork with garlic pepper blend. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil on each side.
- 2. Combine the preserves, chives and salt; spoon over chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 273 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.