Poppy Seed Tossed Salad Recipe
So many people seek out this salad at get-togethers, I always have a couple giant bowls waiting. A guest who said she didn't like salads tried this one and ended up taking the leftovers home. I rank it in the top 10 of the best recipes I've collected.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:26 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. Crush ramen noodles; discard seasoning packet. In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, lettuce, noodles, oranges and almonds; set aside.
- 2. For dressing, in a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and mustard; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Serve with salad. Yield: 26 servings (1-3/4 cups dressing).
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 141 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC