Polynesian Sausage Kabobs Recipe
Here's a meal on a skewer with a unique twist. The pineapple, cantaloupe and peppers complement the sausage perfectly. I frequently fire up the grill for these simple kabobs in summer. That way, I'm free to work longer in my garden.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside half of the marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard the marinade from sausage. On metal or soaked wooded skewers, alternately thread the sausage, pineapple, cantaloupe and green peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sausage is browned, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 5 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC