Polynesian Sausage Kabobs
Here's a meal on a skewer with a unique twist. The pineapple, cantaloupe and peppers complement the sausage perfectly. I frequently fire up the grill for these simple kabobs in summer. That way, I'm free to work longer in my garden.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside half
- of the marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add sausage. Seal bag
- and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade from sausage. On metal or soaked
- wooded skewers, alternately thread the sausage, pineapple,
- cantaloupe and green peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for
- 10 minutes or until sausage is browned, turning and basting
- frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or