- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Set aside half of the marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade from sausage. On metal or soaked wooded skewers, alternate the sausage, pineapple, cantaloupe and green peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sausage is browned, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forPolynesian Sausage Kabobs
"This was another winner from ToH! It gave us a nice change from the pan fried sausage to a fun, on the grill & out of the hot kitchen, version. I left of the peppers for none one can eat them. It was good with just the other fruit and fine too with only pineapple and some sweet onions. JAF"