Polenta Chili Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and well drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon 15-20 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from sides of pan.
- 2. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese until melted.
- 3. Spread into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat chili according to package directions.
- 4. Spread vegetables over polenta; top with chili. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 297 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 12g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Polenta Chili Casserole
"Add a dollop of sour cream on top to make it extra yummy!!! A WONDERFUL meal!!!"
"Very tasty meatless meal. Its important to bake the polenta until its light brown on top, or else it really is too soggy."