Pizza Rolls Recipe
"This is my husband's version of store-bought pizza rolls, and our family loves them," writes Julie Gaines of Normal, Illinois. "Although they take some time to make, they freeze well. So when we're through, we get to enjoy the fruits of our labor for a long time!"
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend or Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC