Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.
Reviews for Pizza Rolls
"These were wonderful! Taste like restaurant quality( if restaurants) served them). I froze mine then defrosted a while in microwave, then deep,fried . Will definately make again! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
"I love these things!"
"AWESOME! My sisters and I made them during football sunday and they were a hit!"
"this is great"
"So far I've made these twice, and getting ready to make them again right now! Very very good...I tend to just use a little more cheese and a few more wrappers, there seems to be so much filling. The more the better anyhow, these taste great!"
"I have made these hundreds of thousands of times. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but that's how good they are. Labor intensive at first, but I made these in 2006 for my daughter's 16th birthday party, and they were easy to just pop into my Fry Daddy and have ready to eat for all the guests (many adults attended, and were like little kids all over again). Excellent recipe, and it makes a lot. They freeze very well."
"Love this recipe! Once you start eating them, it's hard to stop :)"
"We did a combo of diced chicken, provolone, and buffalo sauce--very yummy dipped in ranch or blue cheese! When making them w/ pepperoni I first put it in the microwave on some paper towels for a minute or two to crisp up and remove most of the grease. "
"Everyone in my household loved them. I would recommend that you keep your oil at a consistant temp or they will be oily instead of light and crispy. Will be making them again for sure."
"Friday night is finger food night at our house abd these were a big hit! The kids helped roll them up which saved time. Dad liked them cold the next morning, said they were like cold pizza for breakfast! The kids are already thinking of new things we could try in the filling-like han and pineapple! Yummy and fun!"
"These are delicious! So much better than store bought! My father in law looks forward to these when he visits us!"
"These are wonderful!!! Not to mention they freeze real good. My kids like to munch on these after school with there freinds. And it is a whole lot cheaper to keep these pizza rolls in the freezer than the store bought ones."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.