- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.
Reviews forPizza Rolls
"Has anyone ever tried baking these and if so at what temp and how long."
"Great appetizer. It goes quickly and multiple requests to make it again for the next event. I wouldn't change a thing. The recipe is perfect as is."
"sounds delish! can anyone tell me if they are close to the discontinued from Schwans?...thanks much"
"jkbsly I would freeze these assembled but not fried yet."
"From the comments these must be really good, want to try but with just 2 of us we can't possibly eat that many at a sitting. Do you freeze them raw? or fry first?"
"These were wonderful! Taste like restaurant quality( if restaurants) served them). I froze mine then defrosted a while in microwave, then deep,fried . Will definately make again! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
"I love these things!"
"AWESOME! My sisters and I made them during football sunday and they were a hit!"
"this is great"
"So far I've made these twice, and getting ready to make them again right now! Very very good...I tend to just use a little more cheese and a few more wrappers, there seems to be so much filling. The more the better anyhow, these taste great!"