- 4 cups shredded pizza cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.
Reviews forPizza Rolls
"These are great Egg Rolls and a nice change from the traditional Chinese style. The only change I made was cooking minced garlic with the peppers and adding red pepper flakes with the seasoning. I also used I my Air Fryer once rolled instead of deep frying in oil. They turned out fabulous."
"Can't wait to try these. I'll make and freeze then heat in my air fryer"
"I have made these hundreds of thousands of times. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but that's how good they are. Labor intensive at first, but I made these in 2006 for my daughter's 16th birthday party, and they were easy to just pop into my Fry Daddy and have ready to eat for all the guests (many adults attended, and were like little kids all over again). Excellent recipe, and it makes a lot. They freeze very well."
"Has anyone ever tried baking these and if so at what temp and how long."
"Great appetizer. It goes quickly and multiple requests to make it again for the next event. I wouldn't change a thing. The recipe is perfect as is."
"sounds delish! can anyone tell me if they are close to the discontinued from Schwans?...thanks much"
"jkbsly I would freeze these assembled but not fried yet."
"From the comments these must be really good, want to try but with just 2 of us we can't possibly eat that many at a sitting. Do you freeze them raw? or fry first?"
"These were wonderful! Taste like restaurant quality( if restaurants) served them). I froze mine then defrosted a while in microwave, then deep,fried . Will definately make again! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
"I love these things!"