Pineapple Nut Bread Recipe
This lovely loaf has true Hawaiian taste with lots of luscious pineapple and macadamia nuts. Welcome your family and friends with a tempting slice today.—Brittany Jewette, Ewa Beach, Hawaii
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside half of the flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk butter and eggs. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and nuts. Gradually add the reserved flour mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over loaf. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 170 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC