- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, eggs and brown sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and nuts; stir half into egg mixture. Add pineapple, then remaining flour mixture. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over loaf. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forPineapple Nut Bread
"The batter is heavy (because liquid needed for the dough comes from the pineapple) so mixing it by hand is recommended. There's nothing artificial about this recipe. The resulting bread has a wonderful fresh flavor without being overly sweet. Cinnamon sugar on top gives it a nice complimentary finish."