Pineapple Cherry Cake
When our granddaughter visits us on weekends, I try to find something fun for her to do. Since packaged ingredients are simply layered in a pan, this is an easy treat that even a young child can fix.Melissa Defauw, Auburn Hills, Michigan
12-16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Evenly spread pineapple in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Carefully spread with pie filling. Sprinkle with dry cake mix.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 275 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.