Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
A zippy marinade sparks the flavor of this change-of-pace steak specialty. Chock-full of veggies, seasonings and pineapple chunks, this stir-fry makes a colorful presentation when I serve it to relatives and friends.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1 cup pineapple and 3/4 cup juice. (Cover and refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use.) In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and reserved pineapple juice. Remove 3/4 cup; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the beef and remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Combine cornstarch and reserved juice mixture until smooth. In a skillet, stir-fry beef in oil for 5-6 minutes. Remove beef with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the red pepper, beans, chilies and garlic in skillet; stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir juice mixture; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add the onions, beef and the reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC