Picnic Bars Recipe
You'll score points with a crowd when you stir together these delicious fudge-like treats. They're very moist and rich. The chocolate chips and walnuts make a pretty topping. —Frank Bee, Eugene, Oregon
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and cocoa; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- 2. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until set.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine milk and 1 cup of chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Carefully spread over crust. Combine reserved crumb mixture with nuts and remaining chips. Sprinkle over chocolate layer.
- 4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is set (chips will not look melted). Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Picnic Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC