Pesto Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1 tablespoon oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add basil mixture; toss to coat. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 385 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.