- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the basil, lemon juice, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the shrimp and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Drain the spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add basil mixture; toss to coat. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPesto Shrimp Pasta
"I made this last night. I had frozen some pesto I had made from the basil in my garden. It was fast and easy to make and really tastey!"
"Everyone in my family really liked this. My young children wouldn't eat the asparagus, but that just left more for my husband and I to enjoy!"
"A great way to use my fresh basil. Even my girls, who are picky eaters, liked this dish."