Once a week, a good friend of mine fixes supper for me, my husband and our two daughters. We always request the same thing—her great pizza!—Arlyn Kantz, Ft. Worth, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, sliced tomato, ripe olives and fresh mushrooms or toppings of your choice
- In a blender, combine oil and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- Add basil and blend thoroughly. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with
- toppings. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 255 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.