Peppy Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine the tomato, pepperoni, olives, cheese, oil, salt if desired and garlic powder. Drain pasta; add to the tomato mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 452 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 927 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.