Pepperoni Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta, wagon wheel pasta or pastas of your choice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and pepperoni.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with half the pasta and meat mixtures. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each mozzarella and provolone cheeses. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 372 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 992 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pasta
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.