- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and pepperoni.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the pasta and beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each mozzarella and provolone. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPepperoni Pasta
"This is a delicious pasta recipe that is easy to make. I didn't originally see the part about using "uncooked noodles" so I did precook my spiral noodles. To keep it simple and kid-friendly for my two picky eaters, I omitted the garlic and mushroom stems. But I'm sure it's just as tasty as written."
"This was so good and so easy. I added some pizza seasoning to it and used mozzarella cheese since that is all I had. It was super good!!"
"I have a question, do you put the pasta in uncooked?? And if so, does it cook thoroughly in 30 minutes?"
"Update! I used the Swiss cheese instead of the Provolone, and did use the Mozzarella."
"I made it to the recipe, except I used grated swiss cheese that I had in the frig. Being that there is just two of us, I divided it into 2 8x8 pans and baked one for dinner and covered the other one with foil and put in the freezer unbaked for the future."
"I used all mozzarella (no provolone), and used more than 2 cups. Since we do not like green peppers, I didn't use one. Before sprinkling with Parmesan cheese, I placed extra pieces of pepperoni on top, giving it a "pizza-look," then I sprinkled with Parmesan. I baked it until the cheese was golden on top, and the cheese around the edges of the dish were brown and crunchy -- yum! -Lori in WI."
"My two sons (6 and 2) loved this!"