Peppermint Lollipops Recipe
These lollipops can be made with any shape cookie cutter. Gingerbread men, snowmen, Christmas trees and reindeer—there are endless color and design options, so let your creative juices flow! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- Red and/or green paste food coloring
- 10 lollipop sticks
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- 1. Butter 10 assorted metal cookie cutters and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and cream of tartar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in oil, keeping face away from mixture as odor is very strong. For each color of candy swirls, pour 1/4 cup sugar mixture into a ramekin or custard cup; tint red or green.
- 3. Immediately pour remaining sugar mixture into prepared cookie cutters. Drizzle with colored mixtures as desired; cut through with a toothpick to swirl. Remove cutters just before lollipops are set; firmly press a lollipop stick into each. Sprinkle peppermint candies over tops if desired. Yield: 10 lollipops.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Lollipops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC