Peppermint Lollipops Recipe
These lollipops can be made with any shape cookie cutter. Gingerbread men, snowmen, Christmas trees and reindeer -- there are endless color and design options...so let your creative juices flow! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing YIELD:10 servings
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- Red and/or green paste food coloring
- 10 lollipop sticks
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- 1. Butter 10 assorted metal cookie cutters and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and cream of tartar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in oil, keeping face away from mixture as odor is very strong. For each color of candy swirls, pour 1/4 cup sugar mixture into a ramekin or custard cup; tint red or green.
- 3. Immediately pour remaining sugar mixture into prepared cookie cutters. Drizzle with colored mixtures as desired; cut through with a toothpick to swirl. Remove cutters just before lollipops are set; firmly press a lollipop stick into each. Sprinkle peppermint candies over tops if desired. Yield: 10 lollipops.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC