Penne Salami Bake Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 pound salami, cubed
- 10 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, green and sweet red peppers, salami, olives, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Combine cheeses. Spoon half of pasta mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Layer with remaining pasta and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Penne Salami Bake
"This is one of my family's favorite dishes. We usually increase the salami a bit as my husband tends to hog it."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.