- 2 cups uncooked penne or medium tube pasta
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 pound salami, cubed
- 10 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, green and sweet red peppers, salami, olives, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Combine cheeses. Spoon half of pasta mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Top with remaining pasta and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forPenne Salami Bake
"This is one of my family's favorite dishes. We usually increase the salami a bit as my husband tends to hog it."