You can't go wrong with the combination of butter and pecans in this recipe. I never serve these cookies without receiving requests for it.
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix
- well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. fingers. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on
- wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.