- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. fingers. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forPecan Fingers
"This is a favorite recipe that my mom used to make only in hers, there was 2 teaspoons of real vanilla included and the recipe called for ground pecans. To stop the cookies from breaking apart, cook them a little longer.YUMM!! :)"
"Cookies tasted good, but are dry and break apart. I made recipe exactly as directed."