Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl pecan mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 335 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Coffee Cake
"Very good coffee cake, and easy to prepare. The only changes I made were to use 1/2 cup packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar in the topping and not use the drizzle topping. It was great without the extra topping. I just made this yesterday; however, if this cake keeps well at room temperature, I'll be baking more and mailing it to various family members for Christmas. Thanks, Becky, for sharing the recipe."
"To take this delicious coffee cake to the next level add orange zest to the batter and replace half the vanilla extract with orange extract. It compliments the orange in the icing and gives a fresh scent to the coffee cake. I also add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the cinnamon topping mixture to take it over the top. Delicious!!"
"Delicious! I took this to a ladies meeting and was asked by several of them for the recipe. Very moist, will make again."
"I used a glass pan for this, it took about 50 mins to bake. This is an excellent recipe!!!!!"
"Crunchy, moist, and flavorful. It's so good, I don't even make the sugar drizzle for the top. It's fine without it!"
"My family thought this was ok, but no one raved about it. I tried to really swirl the topping into the cake, but most of the topping stayed near the top. It might be better to let the cake cool before drizzling the glaze because it all my glaze just seeped into the warm cake (i.e., it did not look the photo)."
"Delicious...the kids loved it. Will make again!"
"So simple. So delicious! Yummy warm out of oven. This cake didn't last long at my house!"
"This recipe is fantastic. Delicious andsimple."
"This recipe is an all-time favorite of my extended family, kids and adults alike. Even my sons know how to make it."
"This was very easy to make before work. Co workers and family raved about it! Will definately make again!"