Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
"Mom serves this nutty coffee cake for Christmas breakfast each year," shares Becky Wax of Tuscola, Illinois. "The simple recipe is a big time-saver on such an event-filled morning. Everyone loves the crunchy topping."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl pecan mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 335 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC