- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forPecan Coffee Cake
"Another new recipe we tried and family absolutely loved it. I am going to mix up dry ingredients half them & put into zip lock bags. then tape the balance of ingredients to bag to be able to make a smaller coffee cake for two."
"Years ago, I submitted this recipe for my Mom, Becky. My comments have been altered and so has the title of the recipe. The true name is 'Jewish Coffee cake', and can be found in the Newman (Il) Methodist Cookbook. Our family supports Israel, but this recipe uses the title, I a sure, because of the origin of sour cream.This cake does last several days at room temperature; can be frozen well when properly sealed; and we also share with neighbors. As someone noted, the drizzle should be applied after the cake has cooled, and we use the flat side of a table knife to marbleized the pecan topping; first swirling side to side, then top to bottom of the pan. A friend notified me of this recipe now being on-line, and this morning I am trying the substitution of brown sugar and addition of orange zest and flavoring, which sound like perfection! Thank you for the kind reviews."
"Found this recipe yesterday, and made it today. Had it warm from the oven, wonderful! The only thing I did different is like some of the other cooks, I used a half a cup of brown sugar instead. My husband likes brown sugar. Thank you for sharing this keeper."
"Very good coffee cake, and easy to prepare. The only changes I made were to use 1/2 cup packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar in the topping and not use the drizzle topping. It was great without the extra topping. I just made this yesterday; however, if this cake keeps well at room temperature, I'll be baking more and mailing it to various family members for Christmas. Thanks, Becky, for sharing the recipe."
"To take this delicious coffee cake to the next level add orange zest to the batter and replace half the vanilla extract with orange extract. It compliments the orange in the icing and gives a fresh scent to the coffee cake. I also add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the cinnamon topping mixture to take it over the top. Delicious!!"
"Delicious! I took this to a ladies meeting and was asked by several of them for the recipe. Very moist, will make again."
"I used a glass pan for this, it took about 50 mins to bake. This is an excellent recipe!!!!!"
"Crunchy, moist, and flavorful. It's so good, I don't even make the sugar drizzle for the top. It's fine without it!"