Pear Marmalade Recipe
"I disliked pear preserves until I got this recipe from my husband's Aunt Helen. The marmalade is always a favorite at my dinner table." – Patty Schreck Davenport, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing YIELD:48 servings
- 4 to 5 medium ripe pears, peeled and quartered
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1. In a food processor, cover and process pears in batches until pureed. Measure out enough pears to make 2-1/2 cups. In a Dutch oven, combine the pineapple, orange juice, lemon juice, orange peel and pears. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 2. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 3. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months. Yield: 6 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 101 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC