- 4 to 5 medium ripe pears, peeled and quartered
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a food processor, cover and process pears in batches until pureed. Measure out enough pears to make 2-1/2 cups. In a Dutch oven, combine the pineapple, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest and pears. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews forPear Marmalade
"I modified this quite a bit and also made a larger amount: about 12 pears. I cubed them and cooked them in 2 cups pineapple juice, 2 cups water 3 cups sugar and the finely diced skins of three clementines, also pured the clementine flesh and added it. Cooked everything for about an hour then thickened with corn starch and pureed in the food processor. Really yummy and a beautiful golden color!"
"I had pears going bad on me so made this recipe to get them put up. We really like it on pancakes especially. I didn't use as much sugar, in fact about half the amt and it was just fine. We try to not eat too much sugar so its nice when I can cut back and it still tastes good."