Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, peanut butter, soy sauce and brown sugar until smooth; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add the chicken; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the broccoli; stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the peanut butter mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and broccoli is crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 322 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer