Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
These rich bite-size squares taste creamier than store-bought peanut butter cups. Since they're made on the stove, there's no need to turn o the oven, notes Val Worthing of Clio, Michigan.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir peanut butter and 3/4 cup butter and until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla (mixture will be very thick).
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a saucepan over low heat, combine chips and remaining butter; cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining vanilla. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC