- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir peanut butter and 3/4 cup butter and until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a saucepan over low heat, combine chips and remaining butter; cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining vanilla. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Squares
"I made these once for a picnic and they were gone in minutes!!! Now I'm asked to make them everytime we get together with family and friends!!"