Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
Peggy Murray of Enfield, Maine relies on a cake mix and other pantry staples to make these rich crumb-topped treats.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, oil, and egg
- until well blended.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the milk, chocolate chips and butter over
- low heat; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with
- remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.