Peanut Butter Apple Dessert Recipe
"My mom, who's well-known in our community for her cooking, shared the recipe for this yummy layered dessert," writes Kim Spencer of Hickman, Nebraska. "It's very popular with my husband. He made it in a 9 x 13 pan for his men's Bible study group and ended up giving out the recipe!"
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter; spoon half into a 3-qt. bowl.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half over crumb mixture in the bowl. Top with one can of apple pie filling.
- 3. Combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and remaining peanut butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC