- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter; spoon half into a 3-qt. bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half over crumb mixture in the bowl. Top with one can of apple pie filling.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and remaining peanut butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 20 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Apple Dessert
"I made this for a group of friends and it received rave reviews. They all wanted a copy of the recipe."
"This is an okay recipe. I did not go home with any empty dish. If made again I would omit the cinnamon from the topping. I thought it overpowered the other flavors."
"easy to make and so good. Always a go to recipe."
"I made this for a luncheon and got wonderful reviews. I made sure everyone knew that it contained peanut butter as someone present might have food allergies. It is indeed delicious!"