Peach-Topped Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and thyme; add to skillet. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the peaches, sugar, vinegar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Return pork and onion to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1/4 cup peach mixture equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.