Peach-Topped Pork Chops
With fresh peaches and sweet caramelized onions, these pork chops from Frankie Mann of Warrior, Alabama are sure to be a hit with folks of all ages. “Even the finicky ones like this,” she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle both sides of pork
- chops with salt and thyme; add to skillet. Cover and cook for 6-7
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove
- and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the peaches, sugar, vinegar and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- thickened. Return pork and onion to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with about 1/4 cup peach mixture equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium,