- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peach or frozen unsweetened peach slices, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and thyme; add to skillet. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the peach, sugar, vinegar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Return pork and onion to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPeach-Topped Pork Chops
"This was a great dish. I fixed it for my husband and was delicious. Especially good with the fresh peaches now in season."
"This was great - I used pork tenderloins instead - very good and would make again."
"Yummy - -"