Peach Praline Muffins Recipe
We eat a lot of muffins around our house. The kids love to nibble on them around the clock. This is a favorite. —Paula Wiersma, Eastampton, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC