- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cold butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPeach Praline Muffins
"Next time I will double the praline topping since it was so good and really makes the muffins different from a lot of others."
"Delicious. Will substitute applesauce for half of oil and add cinnamon next time I bake."
"These are very delicious muffins. I love the topping! Yummy!"
"we LOVE these muffins and make then with fresh peaches off the tree in the summertime."