- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPeach Praline Muffins
"Next time I will double the praline topping since it was so good and really makes the muffins different from a lot of others."
"Delicious. Will substitute applesauce for half of oil and add cinnamon next time I bake."
"These are very delicious muffins. I love the topping! Yummy!"
"we LOVE these muffins and make then with fresh peaches off the tree in the summertime."