Peach Bavarian Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or apricot gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional sliced peaches, optional
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Chop peaches into small pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved syrup. Chill until slightly thickened. Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold in gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- 3. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter; garnish with additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Peach Bavarian
"Made this for a B'day party & it turned out very pretty & great taste. Had this recipe "to try", since it appeared in the 10-11/93 pg.37 book, but had a different picture shown. I used additional CANNED peach slices, on the plate, around the mold & cut some of the slices, into smaller pieces for the top, with a half of maraschino cherry, placed between the small pieces of peaches. Very pretty! Loved the almond taste. Next time, think I will put this into small dessert glasses & serve as a light dessert. Thanks for the good recipe."
"Really easy and very smooth and creamy. Forgot all about jello molds till some of my clients started talking about it. I've made this years ago and it's time to bring it back. Making this for a Thanksgiving side."
"A family favoite. Absolutely delicious!"
"While this has great peach flavor next time I will only use an 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of almond extract because it tends to overwhelm the peach. I will also omit the sugar because this was way too sweet for my family tastes."