Peach Bavarian Recipe
Fruit molds are my specialty, and I enjoy making and serving them. This one, with its refreshing peach taste, makes a colorful salad or dessert.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or apricot gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional sliced peaches, optional
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Chop peaches into small pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved syrup. Chill until slightly thickened. Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold in gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- 3. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter; garnish with additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC