- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or apricot gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional sliced peaches, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Chop peaches into small pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved syrup. Chill until slightly thickened. Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold in gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter; garnish with additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPeach Bavarian
"Does anyone know whether you have to use the frozen whipped topping? Can you make your own whipped cream from real cream? THank you"
"This is delicious even without the added sugar and peach juice!"
"This is very good! I have made it several times and always get compliments. I add only 1/2 tsp almond extract as I think 1 tsp can be overwhelming."
"A slightly different version has been a staple at our family dinners since the 1960s.1 29-oz can peach slices (peaches chopped slightly)1 3-oz pkg lemon gelatin1/4 C sugardash salt1/4 C boiling water1 tsp almond extract2 C frozen whipped topping, thawedDrain peaches, reserving 1/3 C of juice. Chop peaches.Dissolve gelatin, sugar, and salt in boiling water. Add reserved juice.Chill until slightly thickened.Blend almond extract into whipped topping.Gradually blend into gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.Pour into bowl or mold. Refrigerate."
"Made this for a B'day party & it turned out very pretty & great taste. Had this recipe "to try", since it appeared in the 10-11/93 pg.37 book, but had a different picture shown. I used additional CANNED peach slices, on the plate, around the mold & cut some of the slices, into smaller pieces for the top, with a half of maraschino cherry, placed between the small pieces of peaches. Very pretty! Loved the almond taste. Next time, think I will put this into small dessert glasses & serve as a light dessert. Thanks for the good recipe."
"A family favoite. Absolutely delicious!"
"While this has great peach flavor next time I will only use an 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of almond extract because it tends to overwhelm the peach. I will also omit the sugar because this was way too sweet for my family tastes."