- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or apricot gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional sliced peaches, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Chop peaches into small pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved syrup. Chill until slightly thickened. Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold in gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter; garnish with additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPeach Bavarian
"This was as beautiful as it was tasty and a light, refreshing salad for our Easter dinner. I doubled the recipe and used a Bundt pan as the mold. I presented it on a glass footed tray surrounded by red lettuce around its edges. I did omit the sugar and did not double the almond extract. It was perfect and enjoyed by all."
"Does anyone know whether you have to use the frozen whipped topping? Can you make your own whipped cream from real cream? THank you"
"This is delicious even without the added sugar and peach juice!"
"This is very good! I have made it several times and always get compliments. I add only 1/2 tsp almond extract as I think 1 tsp can be overwhelming."
"A slightly different version has been a staple at our family dinners since the 1960s.1 29-oz can peach slices (peaches chopped slightly)1 3-oz pkg lemon gelatin1/4 C sugardash salt1/4 C boiling water1 tsp almond extract2 C frozen whipped topping, thawedDrain peaches, reserving 1/3 C of juice. Chop peaches.Dissolve gelatin, sugar, and salt in boiling water. Add reserved juice.Chill until slightly thickened.Blend almond extract into whipped topping.Gradually blend into gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.Pour into bowl or mold. Refrigerate."
"Made this for a B'day party & it turned out very pretty & great taste. Had this recipe "to try", since it appeared in the 10-11/93 pg.37 book, but had a different picture shown. I used additional CANNED peach slices, on the plate, around the mold & cut some of the slices, into smaller pieces for the top, with a half of maraschino cherry, placed between the small pieces of peaches. Very pretty! Loved the almond taste. Next time, think I will put this into small dessert glasses & serve as a light dessert. Thanks for the good recipe."
"A family favoite. Absolutely delicious!"